Quest : Epidemic Response : Ideas : COVID-19 antibody testing via microneedles
Serological testing using pain-free microneedles
Maxwell HartmanProfessor H
With antibody testing for COVID-19 still not commonplace in countries, we need to explore very fast and convenient methods for this.
We know that there are simple methods using saliva and photospectrometry (as seen in the Humanitrack article on CPH Nano), but what about utilizing pain-free microneedles to extract microliters of blood for small scale rapid testing?
- How much blood is actually needed?
- How is the blood stored and tested?
- Can the microneedles be sterilized/re-used?
- How much do microneedles cost?
- Any other research or projects already doing this?
- What would be needed to also to antigen testing?
Bring your thoughts and findings to this idea!
Edited: 13 January 2021 12:49